The Chat feature allows you to send Direct Messages to people, as well as message the people Nearby, on the Current Floor, and on All Floors in the Space.
Click on the People menu on the left of the bottom bar, to scan who's in the Space, check their availability, and quick-search for people.
You can also select the By Name tab to see participants sorted alphabetically by their name, or the By Place tab to see participants sorted alphabetically according to the room or floor they are currently in.
Types of Chat
Kumospace's Chat function allows for quick communication with individual participants who are online, meaning they are currently in the space.
If you'd like to send a message to multiple participants at once, you can use one of the following options:
Current Floor: to send a message to people on the same Floor as you.
All Floors: to send a message to everyone in the Space, even if they are on a different Floor.
Nearby: this term refers to your audio range – either your audio circle or a specific Room, depending on where you are on the Floor. Only the people in the same audio range as you will receive your chat.
To start chatting
- Open the People menu, or press the P key.
- Hover your pointer over the Shared Chat options, Nearby, or a participants name and select who you would like to chat.
- Enter your message in the text field, and click Send.
Chat Button on People's Videos
You can quickly Chat someone on the same Floor as you:
- Zoom out and scan the Floor to find them, or use the Find feature in the People menu.
- Hover over their video and click the Chat button.
- Write your message and click Send.
React to messages
To react to messages with emojis:
- Hover over a message sent
- Click the ☺ icon on the right side
- Select an emoji from the window that appears
To edit a messages you sent :
- Hover over a message you have sent
- Click the edit icon on the right side
- Alter the message and click Save
To delete a message that has been sent:
- Hover over a message you sent
- Click the trashcan icon on the right side
- Click the Delete message button to confirm
Conversions inside of Chat are now saved so you can refer back to previous messages, even after you leave and return to a Space.
Chat history is currently unavailable for Spaces on our Free Plan. For unlimited chat history, upgrade to our Professional, Business, or Enterprise Plan.
Only the people who originally received a Chat will be able to see it. For instance, if you send a message to the Nearby range, and somebody joins late, they will not be able to see previous messages.
Chat messages in Kumospace will disappear once you restart your session. They do not get stored or archived.
Kumospace Hosts can scope out this help article on Space Privacy, Floor Privacy and Chat Settings for details on adjusting the Chat options available to Guests.